Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend roundup

Glad everyone had a good weekend! I left my cam in the car when I skied Incline peak with the CareBear Sat, so here’s a photo of her there last season.



We got a good run down the trees on the northeast side, then got some great freshie in the northern (skier's left) eastfacing bowl above the lake. Not a usual spot we hit, as it's hidden between the south and north approaches, but definately one I'm going to remember.

If you don’t get the tree-edition of the Draino Gazzette-Urinal, here’s the article from today on the Sierra Avalanche Center. Andy, the new forecaster has been putting up some great reports that have been very easy for lay-persons to understand and have been much apreciated. I spoke with him briefly at the Rose Ski day and he seems to be a cool hombre despite his free-heeling lifestyle.

Anyway, Let’s all go to Kirkwood and say thanks to the SAC!

Other items: I spoke with Griss this morning and he, and I, are trying to get some riding in despite it being ski season. So let’s try to coordinate on some saddle time. Maybe a snow-ride Tuesday AM, if not a Fixie Ride after work to the end of the bike path in sparks, I’ll snag a sixer of PBR for whomever meets me out there…

Hopefully Saturday will be a good day to get up BEFORE 10 and log some vertical, somewhere, on snow, sans rocks (forcrissakes)! Maybe even FRESHIE FRIDAY!!!!!!

-M

Photo of Andy by Scott Sady of the RGJ, used without permission.

2 comments:

Japhy rider said...

i'll ride to the Great Basin Brewery in Sparks tomorrow after werk. that's kinda near the end of the bike path. besides, it's Tightwad Tuesday and i haven't gotten any Basin time in a while.

Japhy rider

John Korfmacher said...

Was looking at the picture of the CareBear, and thought something was wrong, but I couldn't figure it out...then it occurred to me. There's something wrong with her bindings--her heels are stuck to the skis! Man, it's dangerous to ski on faulty equipment like that, you should get it checked out.