Monday, November 06, 2006

Downieville



Sunday I rode with the DHReno crew. Hit Downieville DH and the shuttle. Above you see a shot of the Stately Pleasure Bike racked with not one bike that isn't a SC Nomad. Below you see a video of Don shredding a particularly rough section of trail. The only section I didn't ride. I might have tried it, but the rocks were wet and I was pretty sure I'd have recieved a generous smackdown.

I rolled one of the Nomads a little, but couldn't use the pedals so a full test wasn't possible. Super cush, but hard to pedal. The Vulture 29er got lots of creds once they saw I could hang. If they ever make a Fox Talas 100-150 I'm getting that 1 speed coconino. Down curved TT, 1.5 headtube, ST to TT crossbrace, 69 deg @ 150mm 71deg @ 100mm, ecc BB... Should be the ultimate freeride hardtail, no need for gears if you walking the hills.

They are planning on riding Dirty Harry Saturday. I might try to tag along to get pictures for the magazine. We should rally the TBS crew. I might have talked shit on your behalf yesterday...

-M

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wolfy,

Great site! Thanks for riding with us at Downieville - it was a blast. You're one fast dude on that Vulture 29er!

See you next time.

Steve

John Korfmacher said...

How much 'cred' do you supposed an all-rigid '93 model RockHopper would have gotten?

BTW it nearly self-destructed last week. It has an old 1" threaded fork and the threads had finally undergone terminal fatigue. It broke in the middle of the street and (of course) the wheel and stem went their separate ways. Fortunately I was only going about 3 mph at the time.

It has been resurrected once again, with a used (rigid) fork.

Mike said...

you need to cozy up to a hottie with a big parts bin and a couple rattle-cans of gold spray paint.

That, or go click the link on the left that says, "coconino." He can help.

-M