Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Nefarious J


Dear Baconstrippers,

You may have noticed the new additions to our Team. Sphincterboy is our corespondent from the Rockies, chairman of the committee of redundancy committee, burner of the sacred relics, and fashion critic. His purpose is to goad us from afar and remind us of MontyPython lines we’d forgotten. Last words I heard from him were, “neck deep powder…” I’ll let J.R. introducs the Nooninator.

-M

If there are others who should be added to the team forward them on to me. (remember that our co-mission of providing dsigusting/funny content along with urban/dirtbag/hipster/pseudo-adventure)

2 comments:

Japhy rider said...

welcome to the asylum, adolescent orifice. what's neck deep powder? is it legal?

John Korfmacher said...

I guess since there are fixie riders on this blog, there is probably a place for someone whose primary transport is a 1993 model rigid RockHopper. (Secondary transport is a 1998 model Jetta turbodiesel named Trixie, which is a better car than yours, no matter what you say.) I doubt I can match the enthusiasm for cycling on this blog, but I shall endeavor to make up for this by being a jerk. And hey, it's time to ski anyway.

Front Range Powder Report (by wolfy's request): Spent last Thursday at Mayflower Gulch, between Copper and Leadville. Splendid snow out there except for the fact that it's not yet consolidated--one often sinks 3 or 4 feet down into it. And even farther down when one falls, ahem.

Snow was better yesterday at my work site (yes, work) in the Snowy Range (SE Wyo). Usually it's stainless-steel grade windslab up there, but for some reason we got a storm last week without any wind. About 18" of pow on top of a fairly firm base. Best snow I have ever skied up there. I wished--oh, how I wished--that I had my fatty skis yesterday, but was stuck with my white rockets instead. It was still a blast.

Elsewhere...Cameron Pass (just N of RM Natl Park) has been good, but cold...should be excellent if somewhat dangerous this weekend. We're getting a whopper storm here today, 2-3 feet in the high country and maybe even a foot here in the I-25 corridor. Have I bored you yet, or are you jealous? OK I'll stop.